In order to maintain excellent patient care it is important to have the right medical practitioner for the job. Absenteeism or vacancies can place huge strains on existing staff and have the potential to compromise patient care. Finding a suitably qualified doctor can often be difficult and time consuming. With this in mind Melissa Bennett and Dr Joseph Sgroi established Medic Oncall. Medic Oncall is the industry leader in the area of medical recruitment and placement throughout Australia and New Zealand.
Medic Oncall complies with International Standards in the areas of service delivery and business management having achieved ISO 9001 certification. In addition Medic Oncall is the first medical recruiter in Australasia certified for its Service Delivery in Recruitment by the Recruitment and Consulting Services Association (RCSA). The RCSA is the peak body that credentials recruitment companies in Australia and New Zealand. You can be assured that our service is of the highest quality and that the medical practitioners we provide are fully qualified for your vacancy.
We understand our clients’ operating environments and medical staffing requirements. Our Managing Director Melissa Bennett is an experienced medical workforce manager with in-depth knowledge of medical administration and management in roster development and healthcare systems. Melissa is a council member on AMRANZ (Association of Medical Recruiters Australia and New Zealand). AMRANZ is a committee established by RCSA and is the peak body representing medical recruiters to Governments across Australasia.
Medic Oncall is known for its commitment to screening and credentialing medical practitioners, upholding safe working hours and administering ethical policies to ensure the sustainability of our business and ultimately the healthcare industry. Dr Joseph Sgroi was instrumental in raising the public and professional profile of Safe Hours for junior doctors. The Safe Hours Policy developed by the AMA Council for Doctors in Training whilst Joseph was Chair has been fully adopted by Medic Oncall. Medic Oncall's rostering software complies with the Safe Hours Code.
Our goal is always to ensure medical staffing levels are optimised to maximise patient care. We achieve this by providing a quality flat fee medical recruitment service across Australia and New Zealand.
Here are some of the ways we can make your life easier and solve your roster management needs:
- Flat fee structure to maintain simplicity, integrity and financial security for your organisation
- Tailor made packages to suit your needs and rostering requirements
- Contact us on an as-required or ‘crisis’ basis to fill unexpected vacancies due to illness or other unplanned absenteeism
- Our network of doctors allows us to fill unexpected or planned vacancies across all specialties from junior medical practitioners to specialists
- We can provide relief staff for all areas within your health care network, including administrative relief
- We specialise in managing medical practitioner rosters for hospitals and departments. Let us take care of your roster
- We’re available 365 days a year
Contact us to discuss your organisation’s requirements